Almond Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesComments Off on Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Only 6 ingredients needed to make them!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250g) almond butter or peanut butter, at room temperature or cold (not warm)1
- 1/2 cup (90g) coconut sugar, lightly packed2
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- optional and tasty: 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (190g) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips or pieces of a bar (pro tip: make your own by melting down unsweetened and adding your own honey or other sweetener)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats or spray liberally with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg until beaten. Mix in the almond butter, then the sugar, baking soda, and vanilla (if using). Mix everything together very well. Depending how thick and/or cold your almond butter is, you’ll have to use some arm muscles. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a spoon. If you find the cookie dough balls are a little oily from your almond butter– mine usually are– blot each with a paper towel. If desired, press a couple chocolate chips onto the tops of each cookie dough mound.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft– that’s ok! For crispier cookies, bake up to 11-12 minutes. Sometimes I press a couple more chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie immediately after coming out of the oven. This is optional and only for looks.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cover leftover cookies tightly and store at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- Make ahead tip: Cookies freeze well up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.