Paleo Pot de CremeLeave a Comment
Valentine’s may be over, but our craving for chocolate is not! This rich, deep dark chocolate recipe satisfies that craving every time.
4 large eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- Place the eggs, honey, vanilla and cinnamon extracts in a blender (or in a bowl and use an immersion blender), blend until smooth.
- Add chopped chocolate
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, until it starts to simmer. (Take care not to let it boil.)
- With the blender running on low speed, pour the hot coconut milk over the ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth and completely incorporated (or whisk briskly while pouring warm milk over chocolate mixture, to keep eggs from cooking)
- Pour the chocolate mixture into six (6-ounce) ramekins (you can also use custard cups or any other similarly sized dishes).
- Cook at 300 degrees for 10 min, then refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top
Options: Top the pots de crème with coconut whipped cream, fresh raspberries, mint leaves, etc